WordPress is known for its flexibility with themes and themes are released for almost all purposes, but sometimes you need more than just one theme and different themes on different pages/ posts. But you can only use one theme at a time on WordPress see our guide on how to install a theme in WordPresss. Now let’s see how to use different themes on different pages in WordPress
How To Use Different Themes On Different Pages of a WordPress Site?
OK, now we can see how to use a different theme on WordPress.Before you proceed it is recommended that you backup your site and its Database.
For this feature, you will need to install a plugin named ‘Multiple Themes’ formerly ‘jonradio Multiple Themes‘ known as click here to download it, See our guide on how to install a plugin. After activating the plugin follow the steps below :
- Navigate to Appearance > Multiple themes
- Scroll down and see the section ‘Site Home’ and there you can choose a theme for the homepage.
How set different theme For An Individual Page, Post or other non-Admin pages?
- Locate the section saying ‘For An Individual Page, Post or other non-Admin pages
or a group of pages, specified by URL Prefix, optionally with Asterisk(s)’
- Here you can change the theme for pages or post with a common value like a permalink structure
- This is very useful if you want to use a separate theme for your Woocomerce store, Easy Digital Downloads page or BBpress forums page using URL prefix by adding http://yoursite.tld/shop , http://yoursite.tld/downloads ,http://yoursite.tld/forums
- Or if you want all pages or forums to appear in a particular then you can you Asterisk(*) after the URL like for bbpress you can use http://yoursite.tld/forums/* and then all forum pages and the topic will appear in the chosen theme.
Using Query keyword
This can be used to set themes for certain content the user calls for like if your user searches ‘word’ on your site then it will call the keyword and the URL of the search page will be http://yoursite.tld/?s=word so ‘s’ is the query keyword so if you want to set a different theme for search page then you can use this field.
Custom theme for For All Pages and/or All Posts
On the advanced setting tab, you can see this section were you can set a different theme for all pages and all posts.
All this plugin is well documented and you see all detailed info on all options it provides.
Using other themes by setting it on this plugin will not activate that theme but for customizing different themes, you will need to temporarily activate it and then use the customization option provided by WordPress or by the theme and then activate your main theme